Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July Celebrations

So, for the 4th of July our family had a BLAST! First we went to the parade and met up with cousins. That was super neat. We were only there for about 20 mins. I mean... How many of the same float can you watch go by and not get bored? Next stop was 7 peaks! Of course, my fish, aka Alex, loved every second of it. Addison and I were able to go on a couple of the rides while our friend, Janene, watched Alex for us. One thing I noticed is how much scary rides are when you haven't been on them for awhile. Seriously. I shrieked like a little girl... and Addison shrieked like the little girl older sister. ;) It was fun. And then for the evening we did fireworks. The fireworks we had were given to me last year from my friend, Holly, who had already had them for a year. So 2 years + this year = 3 year old fireworks! AAHHHH. But Addy was determined to use them. They weren't so bad except for the sparklers that weren't so much 'spark' as they were pure fire. yeah. But no serious injuries... and that's a lot coming from my pyro-loving family.
P.S. WE PAID OFF OUR CAR TODAY! It feels awesome. I love paying off bills. Maybe a bit too much. hehe.

5 comments:

Jentrie said...

Looks like you guys had fun! And welcome to blogging again? lol jk

The Loomis Family said...

The 4th of July is definately one of my fav holidays! Your family is too cute! Im glad the fireworks got good use!

Coombs Family said...

Ana- Your little guy is getting so tall! My gosh, he's a minature Addison :) Hey thank you for keeping us in your prayers at this time... it really means a lot. You've always been such a good friend. I love you girl :) Looks like the 4th was fun for ya! Tell your cute fam we say hi!

Courtney J said...

Woohoo for no car payments!!

Just Jenne said...

So proud of you with the car! And love the pictures--can't get enough of them. We miss you guys!!!