Tuesday, November 3, 2009

All the Single Ladies

I had a busy day today but still made time to get to the polls. I love voting. Maybe that's why I'm a poli-sci major. Anywho, I headed over to the local elementary school to cast my vote. When I drove up, the parking lot was dark and foreboding but I was determined to figure out where I was suppose to go. I drove around the school and found a bunch or cars parked near the gym. Delighted that I finally found everybody I headed towards the building. But something didn't make sense. "All the Single Ladies" by Beyonce was being played quite loud. I thought it was pretty weired to have back ground music at the polls, let alone that song... but whatev. I like the song and was about to start bouncing to the beat when I entered the gym and beheld about 20 elderly woman (about 65+ years old) all grooving and shaking what they had. It was an exercise group but they were doing some pretty hip dance moves. I left right away because I couldn't help laughing right out loud. When I'm their age, I hope I can be as awesome as they all are. So this is my shout-out to ALL the single Ladies. No matter how old you are... keep grooving!

6 comments:

Courtney J said...

hahaha what a priceless sight!

Jentrie said...

hahahaha That is pretty hilarious!

Taylor and Mackenzie Nelson said...

Okay that is pretty awesome... I seriously wish I could have been there!

Erin said...

That is the best thing I've ever heard.

Just Jenne said...

That looks like me in the mornings when I try to exercise to music downstairs!

Shelly said...

Oh my gosh I wish I could have seen that!